Monday, December 26, 2011

My Dieting Journey.

My "Mexican" Pasta with Garlic Vegetables (350 Calories!)

I have been on and off diets since I was TWELVE. I have always been just a little too FAT. At 13, I was a whopping 220, and stood at 5'2; needless to say I was taunted and made fun of until I decided to shed the weight. I have never followed a strict regime, and with a change in eating habits, and switching to low calorie, great tasting foods, I was able to lose 75 pounds! At 22, I am at a healthy weight, but can afford lose 10 or 20 pounds. Join me on my journey for tips, tricks and delicious recipes I concoct! :) I'm a DIY kind of girl. I don't believe in limiting myself from "fattening" foods, a girl's gotta eat!

Today:
For breakfast, I had a Rice Krispie treat (90 calories) with my Coffee.

Lunch: I made this wonderful and delicious "Mexican" Pasta that was TO DIE FOR. So spicy, and savory. I handmade the marinara by blanching and pressing tomatoes. To that, I added oregano, garlic salt, chopped jalapenos, white beans, and hot enchilada sauce. I used regular penne pasta (but I prefer wheat). On the side, I cooked up a can of vegetables and put a LITTLE bit of butter and garlic salt. SO DELICIOUS! Tasted just like creamed vegetables with less fat and calories. This entire meal was ONLY 350 CALORIES!!! Best lunch ever. I ate this two hours ago, and I'm still full!

Dinner: Don't know what I'll have for dinner, but 21 choices is calling my name! To splurge, or not to splurge, that is the question!

2 comments:

  1. Lunch looks goooooooood! my journey starts 1/1/13.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Linda :) Good luck! It's so hard, last night I binged on olives and skittles, but I'm letting my "monthley visitor" be the excuse, lol. I still stayed under 1200 calories, though. But blah.

    ReplyDelete